Friday, February 26, 2010

Great Expecations: The First Stage

Pip is referring to the day he went to Miss Havisham's and started to compare them to his family and started to see how common they all were. He was altered form believing he was normal to thinking that he was lower then Estella and Miss Havisham. Pip became increasingly self conscious about him self and his apprenticeship to Joe. From the first time Estella commented on Pips hands and boots he started to strive from an uncommon life. The most memorable day that began my chain was when i chose to go to an art school instead of the regular middle school. All of my friends were going to go onto their middle school life with out me. I accepted this fact with the knowledge that the other school would have more experiences for me to enjoy even if it was not with the people that i felt comfortable with. This choice has made me more confident with myself. I can be independent and go against the grain while knowing I will do great with whatever i choose to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment